NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] block select with ALT key doesn't work

Concerns:
NuSpherePhpED, version 5.2 (built 5210)

Platform:
Microsoft, Windows version 5.1 (built 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300: Service Pack 2)

Problem:
I am suddenly unable to do a block-select.
That is, when I normally press and hold the ALT-key I could select a code block within the code.
But recently it seems to ignore the ALT-key and select whole lines instead (starting from cursor position until the position I move the cursor to while holding down the ALT-key).

Done so far:
I have looked in the settings but I am unable to find any setting that has to do with block select and the ALT-key (and I feel like an idiot for not detecting the setting!). Nb. no doubt I am overlooking this specific setting, but nevertheless...
I have scanned this forum (as well as some other 'google' sources) but, so far, I was unable to find a solution (or even a hint of what I have done wrong for loosing the ALT select block option).

Request:
Can anybody help me with hints, or preferable a solution, in how to get the ALT-key block select option back?

Regards, Wim Ahlers (The Netherlands).

Found it!

For those interested and experiencing the same problem, this was what my problem was:

Select menu "View" > "Word Wrap"

Effect:
When the words wrap is ON no ALT-key block selection seems(?) to be possible anymore.

Solution:
Select again: "View" > "Word Wrap" and you can use the ALT-key block selection again.

Incidently, I did not consciously select the "Word Wrap" (hit it by mistake) but even then I did not expect this consequence.

Regards, Wim Ahlers.

Well, for some reason after upgrading to 5.2 it doesn't allow rectangular selection anymore.
This is not a word-wrap issue which is common.
View user's profileFind all posts by sergeymorkovkinSend private messageICQ Number
Site Admin

it still works fine in 5.2:

please make sure that word-wrap is off and monospaced font is checked in the settings (tools->settings->Appearance)