NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Better Line Select

Selecting (complete) lines seems to be a chore. And it's something we do a lot when editing. The double-click lines option is not really a solution, as it then makes word selecting a chore.

Here's my proposal:

Line selection is done a LOT more than setting breakpoints. So therefore it should be the natual choice when clicking on the margin (line numbers). Breakpoints could then be selected by shift-clicking or (F5). This could be an option in the editor Settings for those who do like the current setup.

Thanks,
Zany Dog
View user's profileFind all posts by Zany DogSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

may be Ctrl-K, M shortcut would solve you problem Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks,

Nice keyboard solution for selecting current line.

But I was suggesting an easy way to select 1 or more lines with the mouse by clicking and dragging. You can kinda do it now, but it doesn't work as expected. If clicked, it should select that line, if clicked and dragged it should select the anchor line and all lines dragged.

I do a LOT of line selecting, copying, moving. Maybe it's just me, but I would think this would be a common request.

Another small thing I noticed, although I sure you're aware of:

When dragging and dropping some selected text, there is no destination cursor to show where the text will be placed.

This is my first day checking out the program, and so far it really looks nice. I am used to the MS Visual Studio IDE (C++ 6.0).

Thanks,
Zany Dog
View user's profileFind all posts by Zany DogSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

thanks, got it
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Better Line Select