NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Beginner Question about Debugger in PhpED 6.1 Professional

Hello, and please excuse me if this newbie question has been visited thousands of times in thousands of places, but I couldn't seem to find the help I'm looking for...

I'm a student, new to PHP, and what I'm working on now begins execution in an .html file.

When the html file is the active window, the debug option is not available.

When the associated .php file is in the active window, the debug option is available and offers (in the side tab) BOTH files as options to debug. If I choose the .html file, I get the following message:

".html" file extension is associated with "HTML 4.0 Transitional". NuSphere PhpED IDE can debug PHP files only."

I sadly do not know what this implies.

Any help for this frustrated girl?

Thanks,

Cindy
Guru master

Why do you want to put PHP into an HTML file? HTML files normally contain static content and not active content like PHP. Bear in mind that a PHP file can also contain full HTML as well.

PhpED does allow you to associate other file types with PHP. For example, many PHP frameworks have file types such as template, phtml and include. PhpED can understand those file types as containing PHP and you can add your own file types as well.

You could probably get PhpED to show PHP in a HTML file, but that is probably not a good idea as it is confusing & non-standard, and most web servers would not process the PHP.

Since I first posted, I guess I learned a lot more about the issues you brought up. And yes... I feel pretty silly right now, since you, of course, offer really solid advice and raise good, cogent points.

Thank you for answering, and perhaps the next time I need to post here, I R B Sma4rter.

Take care,

Cindy
Beginner Question about Debugger in PhpED 6.1 Professional