NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Avast reports virus in 5.0 installer

Hey, Avast antivirus' on-access scanner is reporting the PhpED 5.0 installer as "Win32:Trojan-gen. {Other}". I'm inclined to think it's a false positive, but either way it seemed like something worth mentioning.
Veteran

Hi - we check our site and all install images - I promise you it is fine and virus free. My suggestion is to check Avast Smile. False positive is not unusual by the way. Thanks for the report anyway, it is always worth checking
Site Admin

Our official position is pretty simple. If Avast believes there is a trojan, let they provide more details on it. We're open for further discussions on this "problem".
Meanwhile, I'd emphasize that we're providing software for many years and many thousands people are using it on every day basis and there were no problems with viruses/trojans other than false positives.

I also use Avast! but it did not report any virus or trojan for me. Maybe you really have a trojan on your system that is not caught, but it is infecting your system with other trojans.
Veteran

We contacted Avast on the matter - they are investigating. However, it would be better if you also let them know that thee have a problem with false positive - it is THEIR problem, that's for sure
Site Admin

This may happen with a particular Avast version released on March 2007 (just a thought about why it may trigger for somebody and does not for the other people). We're expecting Avast's official explanations and notes on their site.
Meanwhile please help them as you are their customers and we're asking you to send them with ZIPped password-protected file Avast pointed out to. Password protection is a must or it won't pass through their mail system.

they confirmed that it was false positive and sent their appologies.