NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[implemented] Automatic horizontal scrolling behavior in v5

If I have a line of code that goes beyond the right side of the editor window (have to scroll horizontally to see it) and press Enter at the end of this long line of code, the cursor goes to the indented beginning of the new line which is great, but the horizontal scrollbar stops there as well instead of scrolling all the way back to the absolute left margin. When that long line of code is one that is heavily indented, such as in the middle of a big nested if-statement, this gets annoying, because the left side of the higher levels of nesting are cut off because the scrollbar doesn't reset to the absolute left margin and stops at the large indent instead.

I upgraded to v5, so I don't have v4.6 anymore to compare against, so although I think this behavior is new it could just be that I'm coding longer lines and I'm just now noticing this standard behavior. Is there a Settings option that controls this?
Veteran

Tools->Settingg->Editor Settings - switch to no auto indent mode

No, I like the smart indent a lot. I'd just like for the horizontal scrollbar to scroll all the way to the absolute left margin again. With your suggestion I have an extra keystroke (tab to indent) instead of an extra mouse click (to move scrollbar all the way to the left). Not to mention all the other extra tabbing I'd have to do to indent curly-bracket-delimited code blocks like if, for, etc.
Veteran

Understood. We are investigating, thank you.
Site Admin

this appears to be a kind of feature request and recently we implemented it! Smile