NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Automatic edit when "CVS Edit" selected

I would like it to have the option to load the file into the editor when I do a CVS Edit command. Invariably the procedure is to do a CVS Edit and then load the file into the editor yourself (or else why would you CVS Edit?) so the option would be nice.

Also better feedback from CVS when a file is locked by another user when you do a CVS Edit (ie a popup to let you know this information), so you're not sitting there frustrated that you've done a CVS Edit and the file is still locked, and not being able to find out why unless you use Tortoise CVS or command line CVS to give you the error message...

Ta !

aha at last someone else who actually uses the cvs features - whilst useful they are not well implemented i agree

but excellent idea about automatic loading of files, anything that gives me back a few seconds!
Site Admin

what to do if you run CVS Edit on a directory with 10 directories and 1000 files in?

How about just verifying with the user that that's their intended action anytime the file count would exceed some number, say 10 or 15. (Perhaps this could be user-configurable.)
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

That's a good plan. I like the idea of verifying above a certain figure.
Automatic edit when "CVS Edit" selected