NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Automatic charset changing

Editor can automatically detect file charset, but it can`t change it. I think it will be useful to have a facility of quick file charset recoding. I found this feature in the other editor. I can give you its name, if you want to see how this feature was implemented.

P.S. I`m sorry for my english..
Site Admin

You can easily change the file encoding using corresponding section in the status bar:

Hm, really =) I thought it can`t change encoding, because it shows an error ".. some symbols can not be represented ..".

Thanks.
Site Admin

there are two possibilities:

1. you have file with correct characters accoring to Charset#1 and you want to store the file in Charset#2. In this case hold Ctrl when you changing the code page

2. you have file with correct characters according to Charset#2 but you opened it as Charset#1 and you want to return back to Charset#2. In this case don't hold Ctrl while changing the code page and IDE will do its best to recover Charset#2.

Ok. Ctrl key solves the problem =)
Automatic charset changing