NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Auto upload to remote server

I have the option 'Auto upload opened files' checked, but when I edit a file and save it, it doesn't upload it automatically.

What is this option for? Or is the functionality I am looking for somewhere else/not supported in PhpED? Question

Thanks
Site Admin

with local files if you finished working with a file and just press Ctrl+F4 to close it, IDE will save the file if Auto-Save is turned on. Similarly, it will upload the file if it is on a remote host and Auto-publish option is turned on.

To achieve what I think you want (i.e. automatically uploading files when they are saved), I have bound Ctrl+S to "Upload File(s)" in the "IDE shortcuts" section of Settings. Uploading a file first requires that the local version of the file is saved, so that results in Ctrl+S saving the file then immediately uploading it.

It has a minor side-effect of preventing ctrl+s saving local files which don't have a remote path (e.g. ones that are just opened from your desktop), so I have bound Ctrl+Shift+S to "Save".

Hopefully this will help Smile
Site Admin

Please note, that starting with 6.2, IDE will upload modified files (which are still open in the IDE) before starting debug session if auto-upload option is turned on.