NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Auto Upload on Save

Hi, it would be nice to have a feature to automatically upload the opened file on save, pressing ctrl +s and then ctrl + shift + s is annoying.
re: auto upload

I'm in agreement with this feature request. It would also be great if we could optionally send a encoded file for phpexpress.

I usually set up two projects in each workspace; one for my local xampp server and the second for the live server. For me I can see this could be dangerous if flipping between the two and I forget to make the appropriate project active Shocked
View user's profileFind all posts by nickweaversSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Dangerous

I agree with nickweavers - it's dangerous.

Uploading is usually making a file live. Whether that is live on your local staging server or live proper - it should be a conscious and deliberate action.

I am weak at the knees just thinking about how badly things could go wrong with some automatic upload feature in place! I don't think I'd want it as switchable option either. It's too dangerous! If it was an option, the GUI would need to indicate the status of the option is some very obvious manner.

There do exist file synchronization tools that are capable of monitoring a folder tree and uploading changed files via ssh/ftp - automatically. Perhaps that is a solution?
Smile

HELLO,...
agwd...I'm in agreement with this feature request. It would also be great if we could optionally send a encoded file for phpexpress.
thanks....

cheers,
Auto Upload on Save