NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Auto Upload move please!

I personally am not sure why you folks have chosen to do the auto upload the way you did. First of all setting it up as the default setting, and not to mention that would apply globally to all projects, really is more dangerous than good. The last few times that I have upgraded my phped, the autoupdate is enabled and I have to remember now to go in and disable it as soon as possible. My scenario looks like this: Install new version of phped, open customers project, start working on his code, then the phone rings with an upset customer asking 'what is wrong with my site, are you working on it now'. Then after spending a few minutes looking over the code wondering how his live server is getting the same error as the test code, I discover that my clients file was uploaded to his server in the middle of changes which had broke his code.

I think by default this setting should be disabled. Next you should move this setting from the global settings to the *per ftp server* settings. Let us choose to auto upload on our development server rather than across the board of all servers development or live.

Thanks for your consideration.
Jeff

I totally agree,

this default auto-upload feature is a mess. No other IDE has such a strange behaviour by default. Sometimes I was just looking again into some files - maybe editing something accidentally - and before closing the file was uploaded again. First I even didn't recognise it - and was wondering what happened to my files at the server.

So please disable this feature by default. It is really dangerous!

Thx, Evil
Auto Upload move please!