NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Auto-Update

It would be great if PhpED had the ability to auto-update itself.

PhpED is regularly updated which is a good thing, but it's frustrating to have to log in to the members website to download a new version every week. If when you opened PhpED it checked for a new version and then allowed you to download and install it from within the application that would be a lot less hassle and would get a big thumbs up from me!

Thanks.
Guru master

Same here, the functionality is in the IE toolbar, but I don't use IE (and I don't like toolbars either)
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

That would mean PHPEd would have to incorporate an authentication system to verify you still have a subscription to get updated.
I could see it being reverse-engineered and taken out fairly quickly...not sure if dmitri would go for that. Razz

Now just checking to see if there is an update available would be cool... but you'd have to login to the website to get it.
Guru master

Why would that be necessary? Just checking if there was an update like the toolbar does would be sufficient. Even if you don't have the right to update it, it could still be interesting to know that there is one.
Most of the other programs I owe do the same, you will be notified even if your right to upgrade has expired.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Blizz wrote:
Why would that be necessary? Just checking if there was an update like the toolbar does would be sufficient. Even if you don't have the right to update it, it could still be interesting to know that there is one.
Most of the other programs I owe do the same, you will be notified even if your right to upgrade has expired.

Read the last sentence in my post above. Rolling Eyes

+1 vote from me. I think the warez community will hate me, but implementing an authentification system could improve businesss for nusphere.

Is getting an e-mail not sufficient? If you are a current, valid customer, with a valid subscription, you should be receiving e-mail updates.

That is how I'm notified every time there is an update and it works flawlessly.

Maybe that's too simple of a solution.

Randy
View user's profileFind all posts by randySend private messageVisit poster's website
Auto-Update