NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Attempting to debug multiple pages.

I am able to successfully debug through my first URL of code. I run the same page to log in and click a link to perform an edit. Both of these actions stem from the same physical file (records.php). The debugger starts me stepping through for each time through, as expected. When I click on a link that is a different file (though I don't know if it's related), the code is executed without stepping through.

What am I doing wrong? I want to debug my way through the entire system, all the files, as they appear, but I'm missing something and it's keeping me from my goal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!

James
Site Admin

make sure that cookies are enabled and debugger.enable_session_cookie
is set On in php.ini
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
make sure that cookies are enabled and debugger.enable_session_cookie
is set On in php.ini

I'm using the browser ( IE?) made available when you are debugging in the PHPEd program, and have edited the php.ini file used by the program. I otherwise do not know about cookies being enabled. Would I do that from a regular instance of the browser? I'

Might it have something to do with looking at a different directory? I'm clicking on a link to go to another page, and the link doesn't work (continue debugging) if I'm not clicking a file in the same directory.
Site Admin

I think you'd read IE docs to find how to block or enable cookies. By default they are enabled. Also, should be noted that cookies are monitored by software such as Norton Internet Security.

If you can't get debug session after clicking on a URL that corresponds to a script located in different directory, please make sure that the url itself is correct and works. If it is, replace your script in that file with phpinfo function call and investigate whether DBGSESSID is set as cookie after you lanched the script by clicking on the URL.
Finally, you may send me more details about your environment and I'd probably suggest you a workaround.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

A little note when using NuSphere TechPlatform: edit the /apache/php.ini file instead of /apache/php/php.ini. The first one is actually read and the second one, I guess, is a dummy.
View user's profileFind all posts by netgertSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

the second one is used if you run php.exe or php-cli.exe
Cookies Enabled - can only debug on directory at a time.

I can debug through any number of files that are in the same directory as the directory containing the file that started the debug session. However, once I click to go to another .php file that is contained in a different directory, the debugging stops. Cookies are enabled. The php.ini file is the one edited when I click on Tools | Settings | Debugger(tab) | Edit(button). Problem still exists.
Attempting to debug multiple pages.