NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Apache (Windows) that works?

Hi,
All I get is Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem when I try to run phpinfo.php, or any php for that matter. If I comment out the dbg line, it works fine. It's a pretty vanilla install.
Windows XP, 2 gigs RAM, CoreDuo 2 GHZ, 11 gigs free.
Apache 2.2.3
PHP 5.1.6
Zend Version 3.30
MySQL 5.0x

From the PHP.ini
[Zend]
;zend_extension_ts=C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_dbg.dll-5.1.x
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendOptimizer-3.3.0\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0"
zend_extension_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendOptimizer-3.3.0\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"

[debugger]
debugger.hosts_allow= 127.0.0.1 localhost
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

It doesn't matter which line I put the .dll line or if it's the only extension, I get the same error whenever I run any PHP page. Since it's a development machine, there is not a new install of Apache/php/mysql. It is solid and stable until I added phg_dbg. The dll is also in the php/ext directory.

Any thoughts appreciated,
Jack T.
Site Admin

I do not know what pretty vanialla means. There are at least two official variations of PHP and with ZEnd's there are three. If you surf a little, you'll even find some more. Which one did you install? Why not to try what is known to work well? I mean TechPlatform available from our site for free.

Quote:
I mean TechPlatform available from our site for free.
Hi Dimitri,
Thank you for your reply.
- I started out on the open source site http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbg2/
- Next I found it at http://www.php-debugger.com/dbg/ I followed the installation instructions exactly. When I started using the forum, I ended up with links to http://www.nusphere.com/
- I registered and learned it seems like this company is a commercial version of it with an IDE
- Changing a development system that has no problems with any other software, or that there is such a thing as a TechPlatform, are not the first things that comes to mind.
- The Techplatform looks perfect and almost exactly what I have. I will move off my current installation, install it, and let you know if it works.

Thank you for your reply

Sincerely,,
Jack T.

Hi Dimitri,
Quote:
TechPlatform available from our site for free.

Quote:
I will move off my current installation, install it, and let you know if it works.
It was a big job, but it's finished. The Techplatform must know how to hold it's mouth just right because the debugger loads and php doesn' crash the moment it executes a PHP script anymore.

Thanks tons,
Jack T.

PS: Tell them to change the install to use Apache monitor instead of Apace control. They are both part of the distro. You don't get a window to see your error message with Apache control. Other than that, the utilities are the same.
Site Admin

There is no way to stop and quit ApacheMonitor during uninstall. Therefore it may remain in the system, yet. Apachectlw is a bit better in this way. Also, it's handy, you can easilt start-stop whenever you need. With ApacheMonitor you'd need more clicks and it's a bit slower. Just my 2c.