NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Apache Launcher/Apache Monitor

Under Vista Business running TechPlat 5.2 the launcher shows Apache Stopped when it's running. Clicking "Start Apache" gives "Failed to start Apache". The Apache Monitor shows all services running but does not change when Apache is stopped. I don't know whether these issues are Vista related, or due to something else.
Site Admin

all the issues are caused by VISTA

Sure, but no plans for a Vista compatible Apache monitor ?
Vista problems

Hi Vista is an established mature MS operating system that Works well for all the programs I have installed over the last 12 months
I have spent many many hours tring to get a viable IDE PHPED etc up and running and its driven me to distraction.
I am getting apache starting and stopping no problem
But I am very worried when i see issues brought to this thread and rejected as Vista problems
Its some months now since I actually purchased this product and saw no such warning as NOT VISTA COMPATIBLE
such a glaring shortfall would have warned me, saved me £1000's in time and effort
Apart from the cost of the package .
Vista seems fine as long as you dont have the aplication and the user trying to read write files into Program Files or its subdirectory then things get confusing (Vista virtualising files its not happy with !!)

I have given up trying to work without instructions and have contacted support for Installation advise
Vista TechPlat IDE

Hello
after spending much time trying to get PHPED / Techplat IDE up and running on Vista.
I would like to hear from anyone that has this setup working using IE or Firefox browsers, not IDE embedded.
Questions such as Will PHPED write (save) user files to Techplat (apache) defined directories
Have the default installation paths proved workable ?
If not Which Folders have needed moving
From admin I would like to ask what measures have been made to make the default installation paths workable?
If none what is the recomended way to change the installation paths to avoid crossing Vista's Forbiddend Paths
(ProgramFiles and subfolders) and which to move, also where to set up new path pointer http.conf etc?.

I installed with Adminisration privelages on both TechPlat and PHPED
but Apache can read its files in htdocs PHPEDIT can not read or write its files in htdocs and apache can not read PHPED file in HTDOCS
I am still unsure whether the problem is the PHPED/TechPlAT ide is not ready for VISTA or I The USER have missed some essential permissions when installing.
Sorry for the dis-jointed questions but I am trying to cover as much of the problem as I am aware of.

Regards
Apache Launcher/Apache Monitor