NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Any way of exporting settings such as acocunts

Hey guys love PHPed but I two questions one is I wanted to know if PHPEd can export settings I have another instance of the editor on my laptop. Sometimes I have to hop onto my laptop if I am away from my workstation and do a quick bug fix but I will realize that the FTP settings are on my other machine. If i could export the ftp account setting sit would be very helpful rather than having to type them in all over again. Or it would also be helpful if PHPed could read Filezilla configuration XML files for ftp accounts.
Guru master

There is not an settings export capability in PhpED, but PhpED 5.9.5 keeps most (maybe all) of its setting in one of your user folders. That folder location will vary according to version of Windows, but in Windows XP/2003 it is in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR-NAME\Application Data\NuSphere\PhpED\config

The FTP accounts are stored in an XML file called accounts.cfg and that file can be copied to another computer. If you are on Vista/Win7 then just search for accounts.cfg from your top user folder and I'd expect it to be in under the AppData folder somewhere.

On any version of Windows you might need to turn on the display of Hidden files and folders to find the accounts.cfg. There are also some other config files there that you can try copying (with care of course! make backups first).

The FTP passwords are encrypted in the accounts.cfg file but if you copy the file to another computer you should find they work fine (it works for me). That's maybe convenient but could also be a security issue, although passwords in FTP clients are rarely very secure anyway so not too big an issue. Hacking FTP passwords out of Filezilla is easy.

Very Happy
thanks I got the FTP settings I was really hoping this was going to be possible
For any one else looking for the answer on windows 7 look in the App Data folder for your user
then like the suggested above just do a search for the accounts.cfg file and wallla
Any way of exporting settings such as acocunts