NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Amazon AWS Private Key

I am doing some testing with an Amazon AWS EC2 instance and want to publish files from PhpEd to it using SFTP. I have been able to get PUTTY and WinSCP to talk to my account using the private key I downloaded from my AWS Management Console but can't seem to figure out what settings to put into the Keys section of PhpEd to get it to work from PhpEd. Has anyone else had experience getting this to work?
Figured It Out

I figured as soon as I posted the question I would find the answer for myself. So, for anyone else that wants help with this, you do the following:

Accounts window, Keys tab.
Add an SSH setting.
Add the PEM file that AWS Management Console gives you to the "Public identity files" list.
Now set the "SSH settings" field of your File transfer account to your new SSH setting you added.

Thanks JCop,
It was helpfull for me Smile

I've been trying this and cannot get it to work. I used puttygen to convert the PEM to a PPK and Putty is able to connect just fine, but if I use the PEM in PhpED, I keep getting a permission denied message when I try to connect. I've made sure the new SSH setting has been selected for the account. I also tried using Terminal through PhpEd and it gives me the same message for the connection. Again, I can connect through Putty just fine. Is there any way to bug test?
Site Admin

Public authentication is supported in PhpED and works fine in all known cases. If it fails for you, it makes sense to contact nusphere support and provide them a test account - host address, user name and public key in PEM format.