NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
altering project-filename and project-file location on disc

Hello,

Some days ago I did my first steps with PHPED. I learned to create workspace, to name it, to hide it, to make it visible and to place it anywhere on my local disc. Then I tried to create a project assigned to it. The new project appears with a name project#. With every new creation this name is numbered +1. I cannot alter the filename and I cannot choose another place on disc. The corresponding field in project-properties window is grayed and filled with the default nusphere installation path for projects.

Must I really live with that?
Veteran

I do not know if there is a nicer way of doing this, but I have been editing the XML files that contain the Project names and folders directly Wink

Many thanks anno for yout immediate reply. But I'm really a nusphere greenhorn. Searching the nusphere-tree for xml-files containing the string "project2.ppj" returned nothing.
Guru master

The "project2.ppj" is not a string in an XML file. It is an actual filename. The file itself is in .INI format, so easily editable.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Kurt, I was wrong -- the format .ppj files are in ini file format, not xml. There are xml files with .ppx extension, but you do not need to edit those. Editing the .ppj files does the trick for me Wink

We were posting at the same time Laughing

Thank you all. In the meantime I've found file project2.ppj. It is stored in c:\Users\Kurt\AppData\Roaming\NuSphere\projects and easily editable. Sometimes it may be sufficient to know where things are.
Veteran

At one time, I started over and saved my Workspace and Project files in My Documents. A lot easier to get to and backup Wink