NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
AJAX in the PhpED 7 included Debugger (SRV local Webserver)

Hello,

I have problems to use Debugging of an AJAX website with the included Debugger (not the 3rd Party WEB Server), which shows the site in the Output-Tab in PphED
My javascript should launch the php-file after three char. of input.
But this doesn't happen. No problem with the same site with 3rd Party WEB Server, I can debug.

So now I am not sure if principally I can debug any AJAX within the included Debugger and WEB Server or maybe THIS is my problem.

Can I debug AJAX sites within PhpED 7 without using this XOAD?

frank

Windows XP SP3 with PhpED 7.0
Guru master

The NuSphere DBG module uses a browser cookie to know if it should be debugging or not. If the web server receives that cookie, DBG will see it and will know to trigger breakpoints, etc. Alternatively, the URL that is used with AJAX can include the DBGSESSID query string just like when you start a debug session directly from PhpED.

If the web server request does not have the cookie or the DBGSESSID query string, you might have to use DebugBreak() to force DBG to start debugging. DebugBreak accepts an optional argument to tell it how to communicate with your PhpED. If DBG does not know about your PhpED computer (the debug client) then use must tell it about your computer in the DebugBreak argument.

Have a look at http://forum.nusphere.com/remote-debug-when-server-receives-a-request-t8269.html

In my experience, PhpED together with DBG and maybe DebugBreak() can debug *any* PHP, as long as DBG can be loaded as a PHP extension.

Thank you very much!

I think my problem is some permission issue, I have errors in the log, that the js-file cannot be accessed.

frank
AJAX in the PhpED 7 included Debugger (SRV local Webserver)