NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

Hello

Can someone explain to me a bit how will this multiple debug session actually work?

I have this ajax project and when I start the main script everything works just fine, but then ajax kicks in and start alternative sessions.

Questions:

1. How can I disable/enable the alert telling me new session is started... once disabled, where to activate back from.
2. Why is the ajax session still hanging after I hit the run button to step over all breakpoints? I end up with 10 ajax.php sessions in debug session windows and I can't "continue" on them. Can you explain to me how to step out of this sessions and just close like main script one does?
3. Can I deactivate the multiple sessions somewhere to let it work as before?

Thanks

Cris
Site Admin

Quote:
Why is the ajax session still hanging after I hit the run button to step over all breakpoints?

probably your application makes synchronous ajax calls or waits for the results in a loop. In this case if you use embedded browser, it will wait for your script to finish, IDE won't start debug session because embedded browser is waiting, and finally debugger won't let your script to return any results because it is waiting for the IDE to start debug session. You see, the situation is not fixable.
Either use external browser, or set asynchronous mode and make sure your ajax does not wait for the results in a loop, or don't start debugger.