NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
advice on setting up debugger please

Hi Folks
The setup I have is as follows:

I have my apache server running on one of my two PCs on my home LAN (192.168.1.7) which has a development version of my live site. This PC on my LAN is 'serverpc'

I have installed the full version of PhpEd Pro on my other PC 192.168.1.8

I have created a workspace and project for my development site

As both PCs are on my LAN and the htdocs folder on 'serverpc' is shared on my LAN I am accessing the project folder as \\serverpc\htdocs instead of duplicating all the files on local PC 192.168.1.8

I am accessing my development site in the browser as http: //192.168.1.7 / or http: //localhost

I also still have a copy of the of phped on the same PC as my test site 192.168.1.7 from when i was testing the trial version of phped

Now when I try to launch a debug session from the browser toolbar on 192.168.1.7 it starts a debug sassion in the local copy of phpEd on that PC rather that the full version on 192.168.1.8

I had a look around the browser debug bar but couldn't spot any settings to change this to debug on the remote phpEd instead

How do I do that?

Cheers

Rich

OK I got this working now by installing DBGbar on Firefox on my PC running apache and launching the debug seession using that

That had an options menu where I could specify the Client Host to be my other PC

I still can't figure out how to do this using DBG toolbar on IE though - I can't see where to change the settings Shocked

Rich
Site Admin

toolbar has nothing to do with setting up the environment.
what you need is to create project, select Wizard to help you setup the project and check the results by running auto-debug session.