NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
advanced javascript support

Hello,

because of a new php project with the zend framework i switched for evaluating to zend studio 6.1. Zend Studio has Javascript, Zend Framework an Dojo Support. But the performance and usabity of the eclipse IDE is very poor, so I came back today to nusphere, evaluating the new 5.6 release (my lisence is for 5.2).
PhpEd is a great and damn fast tool for editing PHP application. But please @Nusphere:
Your IDE NEEDS advanced support of javascript (Code Insight/Completion, Code-Fix, Code-Folding, Code-Navigator) and Support of major Javascript libraries like Dojo (or the possibility to be able to extend Nusphere with js lib support).

I hope nusphere will have some implementation in one of the next releases.
Site Admin

Support for javascript is in our plans.
Regarding support for dojo, may I ask what makes you feeling that it's not supported?

Hi Dmitri:

Any thoughts as to how soon or late JavaScript support in PhpED could be expected?

PhpED is certainly the best PHP IDE out there. However, some of us may soon find ourselves reluctantly forced to switch to either Komodo IDE or Zend Studio for PhpED's lack of adequate JavaSAcript support (i.e. debugger, DOM inspector, code/syntax checker/autocomplete, etc.).

Also one requested fix for PhpED 5.6 ... quiting the IDE in the middle of a debug session should ask to close the session rather than make the local Apache server crash (unless this is a peculiar bug limited to my setup only).

Best ...
Veteran

Thumbs up on the JS support.

Make sure jQuery is in the list of supported libraries please Smile

Hello dmitri,

sorry for answering this late.
Anyway, my suggestion and wish for javascript libraries is nearly the same as it is for javascript itself:

Support some kind of "javascript code insight includes" as phped offers for PHP. That means, that you have a class/function/property and "method" code completion and syntax highlighting support for popular javascript libs. Probably this task is little bit more to do than just a bugfix ... (the nature of javascript makes it not easy), but I think it is an important and nessessary step for phped, compared to its competitors.

Just wanted to give another positive feedback to this topic. Extended javascript support would be a hell of an improvement. All dreams would come true, if we could debug php and js code within the same ide! Laughing
View user's profileFind all posts by matSend private messageVisit poster's website

Another vote Very Happy. Tight integration with jQuery is a must for me. Thanks for a great product! Exclamation
View user's profileFind all posts by RavenSend private messageVisit poster's website

mat wrote:
Just wanted to give another positive feedback to this topic. Extended javascript support would be a hell of an improvement. All dreams would come true, if we could debug php and js code within the same ide! Laughing

Exactly my sentiments! I'vve been doing a lot of work recently with Google Maps API and javascript is virtually essential and having to move away from NuSphere is very inconvenient. The best option I've found so far is using the built-in Javascript debugger in IE8. Its a bit clunky (and irrititatingly doesn't remember break-points and watches between sessions) but it is better than nothing.

Anyway, I'll be amongst the first to sign up for a beta test of NuPhed with javascript if you hold one.

Cheers

Will
View user's profileFind all posts by qbusterSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address

In my opinion JS support is essential for PHPED.
Most of us cannot avoid JS-AJAX-animation-stuff. That's the thing.

But ... my favourite solution would be a plugin-interface or something,
so the community can add new important "features" by itself.
The scriptengine doesn't do the job.
I think of "ok, add this and that as a list of properties to the config file in your profiles directory
- Reload PHPED, there you have your custom function helper for unsupported language xy."
I know thats just a dream ...

Well ok, back to our topic ;O)
- Maybe not a full JS- but rather a JSDoc-Support is what we want ?
- jQuery itself provides a documentation in the openAjaxMetadata format, afaik thats a special thing for IDE-developers ^^
View user's profileFind all posts by AbroSend private messageVisit poster's website
Another vote!

We echo the initial request as well.

Any ideas when and what to expect?

Idea: Also, when you are working on this, it would be good to be able to mark certain folders/trees as excluded from code awareness. (Also perhaps for PHP code as well). This is for performance reasons. One of the reasons we are trying to switch to nuSphere is that your competitors bog down under all our code. I'm afraid that nuSphere might get slower if it has to start analyzing hundreds of pages of Javascript as well. (We have many pages of 3rd party code in our projects, and we don't care about validating, etc. this code.)

-Allen
Site Admin

Quote:
Any ideas when and what to expect?

I hope it will come in June 2009

Quote:
I'm afraid that nuSphere might get slower if it has to start analyzing hundreds of pages of Javascript as well

Code Insight in the next version works 30% faster than in 5.6 in the same areas (PHP, HTML, and CSS)... At least, this leaves some good space for js.

dmitri wrote:

I hope it will come in June 2009

I really really really hope it will. Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BBralaSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
advanced javascript support