NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

I'd like to see this improved myself. I'd like to see syntax coloring added first, since to me it's an important feature that's missing.

Right on.
Please we need JS Support soon. I was so desperate that I installed VS.PHP because it is said to support JS. Cool But there are many coding limitations with VS.PHP (no relative pathes to include files, ...) and I couldn't get it working with my current project. Evil or Very Mad

Please hurry. THX

dmitri wrote:

I hope it will come in June 2009

Still no support Sad
View user's profileFind all posts by BBralaSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

limex wrote:
Right on.
Please we need JS Support soon. I was so desperate that I installed VS.PHP because it is said to support JS. Cool But there are many coding limitations with VS.PHP (no relative pathes to include files, ...) and I couldn't get it working with my current project. Evil or Very Mad

Please hurry. THX

Bump Mad
View user's profileFind all posts by BBralaSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

Nowadays when the majority of web-sites have JS\Ajax (and some popular libraries like jQuery as well) front-end it's must have that web ide supports JavaScript (at least code completion). Without support of JS PhpEd will quickly became an outdated editor.

So here's a question to PhpEd team: Is there any new real estimations of when support of JS\Ajax will be included?

Well said mauzer_tim. PHPed WILL become obselete without JS support.

I completely agree. I have to use other editors for JS project parts now, but it is more convenient to have everything at one place.

I like phpEd, but the lack of some crucial features (like JS and semantics analyzer) together with some major PHP-related bugs (like buggy support for PHP's interfaces) are a real drawback.

Fortunatelly, I am trying to solve these major bugs with phpEd's support and it seems, that they will do something with them finally after several e-mails with bug descriptions, test PHP files and persuading, that it is really a buggy behavior.

I still try to hope for the best, but I believe, that at present it is only matter of time for PHP&JS programmers, that they move to the other IDE's completely, if phpEd does not take a second breath.
JS Support

I realize the size of the project is rather large and want to wish you well on this endeavor.

I too need to expand the debug capabilities to include js files. At least the ability to use breakpoints and see var values would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Bill S.
View user's profileFind all posts by bwls@earthlink.netSend private messageSend e-mail

Debugging javascript has no place in the IDE, since implementations are browserspecific.

FireFox:
http://getfirebug.com/javascript

Old IE:
http://www.jonathanboutelle.com/how-to-debug-javascript-in-internet-explorer

New IE:
Use the console (F12), also has breakpoints i think
Javascript/jquery support

I have not seen a reply from nusphere regarding javascript/jquery support for quite some time. I think they initially said they were working on it in 2008 Sad
Aptana(Free) has recently reworked their IDE completely in the past year or so and already has the javascript/jquery capabilities almost entirely integrated.
How about getting on this folks... it is sorely needed.

Exactly. The silence is a tad scary.

Um.... is anyone manning the boards?
advanced javascript support