NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Adjusting timestamp of transfered file using SFTP
Veteran

When uploading files using PhpED, the timestamp (last modification time) of the file transfered is set according to the current time of the destination system.

One of the most important things to have directories correctly syncronized is the file timestamp. So, if I have a file in my developing system with a timestamp of 12-13-2005 11:47:30, and I upload it to my web server, it should be there and keep the same timestamp, in order to show the correct time it was last modified.

To get things working this, I have to get out from PhpED and use WinSCP. I think that this is a very simple improvement in the SFTP feature of PhpED that could help a lot.

Or, am I missing some config I should have done?
Site Admin

File timestamp is updated if Smart upload is used (works for sftp).
Don't forget to set server's time offset in the accout settings.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Just tried it, but unsuccessful. The only way I found to upload a file using the Smart Upload was through right-click on the file in Workspace tab. But the transfer was "cancelled" as showed in the Transfer tab, and I dont't know the reason. Connections settings, as well as pass and login are correct, as far as they work fine in normal upload. Why the status was cancelled? The file in my system was newer.

There is no time offset, same hour in both computers, so the time offset in account settings is set to zero. But even in the normal upload, the timestamp of the file uploaded by phpED is one hour before the correct time. Using other sftp progs I don't get this.

Is there another way to access Smart upload ? I ask this because if I have many files from different directories, I would have to go to each directory, locate the file and "smart upload" it through right-click. If this option was in the toolbar or in the right-click optins when I click in the code, that would save a lot of time.
Site Admin

"Smart upload" checks if local file is newer or older than the remote one. In you case, it looks like the remote file is newer. In this case Smart Upload self-cancels the update and put its reasons into LOG window.
Try to adjust remote file's timestamp, edit local copy then run Smart-Upload.
From this point you don't need to run Project->Upload, only Smart Upload.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Adjusting timestamp of transfered file using SFTP