NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Adding file types

Hello,

is there a possibility to add NEW file types to phpEd so I can set up custom highlighting setting for them?

Best Regards
Thomas
Site Admin

what kind of sources do you need to highlight ?
any chance you can use one of highlighters already available in phped ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
what kind of sources do you need to highlight ?
any chance you can use one of highlighters already available in phped ?

Yes I could use HTML since its a Template Format, but I still would be pleased to create a separate file type.
For the future I would be pleased to be able to provide a "patch/config fileset" for other Coders using the Template System and phpEd so they also could benefit from custom highlighting etc.. Of course I would check before if thats all legal etc.

Best Regards
Thomas
Site Admin

are you talking about some proprietary file format based on HTML ? E.g. Smarty or something similar ? Right ?
Also I'd like to understand the level of flexibility you want to get from the highlighter.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

First thanks for the Answers.

ddmitrie wrote:
are you talking about some proprietary file format based on HTML ? E.g. Smarty or something similar ? Right ?

Yes, your right.
ddmitrie wrote:

Also I'd like to understand the level of flexibility you want to get from the highlighter.

Well from what I learned about the function/tag highlighting I do not expect phpEd to recognise something like {block name=xyz type=$bla} but at least I could use keywords and code templates.
I'd be pleased if you could tell me how flexible the highlighter is at all, and what limitations I would meet.

From your Answers I expect there is currently no way to add a proprietary file type at all, right?

Best Regards
Thomas
Site Admin

Quote:
From your Answers I expect there is currently no way to add a proprietary file type at all, right?

yes, but we could think of adding some way in the future.

ddmitrie wrote:
yes, but we could think of adding some way in the future.

That would be really appreciable Smile
Adding file types