NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Adding file templates

How can I add new file templates to PHPEd? I don't mean code templates, but file templates. More specifically, I want to add a new file type for ini files and use PHPEd for editing those as PHPEd appears to be unicode aware unlike Notepad. I tried creating a new file in the template folder, but even after a restart that was not picked up.
Guru master

Take a look in the "templates" subdirectory under the program installation directory Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yes, I found that one, but dropping in another file template doesn't do anything. So, now what?
Guru master

Only adding a new file there isn't sufficient. PhpED also needs to know the extension. For that, go to Tools > Settings.
Under IDE > Associations, add the ini extension to one of the entries. Since there is no plain "Text" entry, you'll have to choose on of the others, which will result in phped syntax highlighting your ini file, but it's the only way I know of.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the tip. Too bad NuSphere no longer fixes bugs for 5.0, but only after charging extra a few months after releasing it. I guess I have to get by with your hack, which works great by the way. I added it to the CSS group, which works sort of OK.
Adding file templates