NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
adding another chm to context help

Hi,

Is it possible to add another .chm file to the context help so that f1 or ctrl+f1 on a function/object from the documentation of my application and framework would open up the page in that chm file?

I tried building my .chm file to have the same structure as php_manual_en.chm's hhc and hhk files but it didn't work so based on this i'm assuming the context help only works with php_manual_en.chm.

I edited php_manual_en.chm and added my pages to it and that does work but i want to have my documentation separate from php's because i'd have to edit it every time the manual is updated.
Site Admin

Quote:
I tried building my .chm file to have the same structure as php_manual_en.chm's hhc and hhk files but it didn't work

It's supposed to work. What you need is a) remove original php_manual_xx.chm b) make sure that the new manual caption starts with php word like it is in the original php manual caption (which is "PHP Manual").

sorry, forgot about this.

my goal was to add another chm file without removing the current php manual.

Example: add framework.chm to the help dir and pressing f1 on a function or class defined by the framework would bring up the page from framework.chm without having to change anything from the original php installation.

currently we've settled with modifying the php manual and adding pages to it.
adding another chm to context help