NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
A little help from a complete Noob

I have a question and a problem

Can this part be forwarded to the sales team.

I wish to purchase this product but can't purchase it till the weekend, Is it possible that the time can be extended Till Saturday UK Time. I've only just started the evaluation and am mostly happy with the product.

Now this one belongs here

I am running the following
Windows Vista Ultimate 64
IIS7
PHP 5.2.2 (using Microsofts Fastcgi Module)
MySql 5.1

1 Is this the approapriate System to be running as php is something I want to learn

On my system there is a directory where the website goes. I believe this is c:\inetpub\wwwroot
Within Nusphere I create a new file write a little php and then I try and save it it keeps telling me access denied. I believe this is something to do with security rights to the folder but don't want to screw it it. I am only using the server locally (ie localhost) but can't seem to find a way around it. I can however copy into the folder using explorer. Is there a way I can edit locally and then publish right into the inetpub/wwwroot.

Thanks for your time.

I have never done web authoring as I am retired. but want to learn this as I am a retired Technician.

Thanks for your time
Site Admin

Quote:
Within Nusphere I create a new file write a little php and then I try and save it it keeps telling me access denied

it's because you run the IDE as a regular user and seems this user account has no permissions to write to web server directory.

Quote:
I can however copy into the folder using explorer

it's because Vista's explorer is run as administrator and therefore has full rights.

Quote:
I believe this is something to do with security rights to the folder but don't want to screw it it.

I'd recommend you to learn NTFS in its part related to file system security and granting rights. Then grant write permission to the user account that will work with files on the server.

Quote:
I believe this is something to do with security rights to the folder but don't want to screw it it.

I'd recommend you to learn NTFS in its part related to file system security and granting rights. Then grant write permission to the user account that will work with files on the server.[/quote]

Hold on are you saying that in Vista the admin account doesn't have these rights, I installed the ide with the admin account.
Site Admin

Well, even though you installed the IDE as admin, it does not mean that there are FULL CONTROL permissions for all the folders on your machine. Please check actual rights and you'll see if they are granted or not. BTW, it's not recommended to work with any OS under admin account. Yet, Vista is the first OS where it's more or less possible among other Win32/64 platforms.

Ok what I did is granted rights to that folder to users. Is that the correct account to modify to allow proper rights to write to that directory. Ie c:\inetpub\wwwroot. ?
A little help from a complete Noob