NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
A few suggestions

I use PhpED 8+ hrs every day at work and love it. Here's just a few minor suggestions coming from using it so much.

Javascript code folding quick-links on the side bar. I know this is much requested, but it would be a very basic feature to implement. Just match opening and closing brackets and allow them to be collapsed. Here's a regular expression to get you started . /{[^}]*}/g Wink

Allow us to adjust the order of the code-insight dialog. For example, putting methods and voids before defines. Currently typing "pri" in a PHP file gives you all functions and defines dealing with actually using a printer, not functions like print() and print_r(). It's be nice to get all the functions first, since now I just have to leave DEFINE unchecked.

Make the debugger more like a command prompt (or firebug). For example, in the "Immediate" tab, it'd be nice to be able to hit the up arrow to get the last command entered. Also variables entered through the Immediate tab don't show up in the Locals, Globals, or Watch lists. Example

Auto-updater. This one is probably the biggest request, but it'd make my life soooo much easier. I hate having to close out of the program to install a new update, its lost productivity time.

Anyway, awesome program. Keep up the good work
Site Admin

Quote:
Here's a regular expression to get you started . /{[^}]*}/g

what's about code like below:
Code:
if (aaa) { // some bogus curly brackets {{{
  alert("catch me");
}

(in other words, it's not that trivial as might seem at the first glance)

Quote:
Allow us to adjust the order of the code-insight dropdown. For example, putting methods and voids before defines

All the items are sorted alphabetically. I'm not sure that grouping them by type will give better results. What if you have a lot of XXX* functions prior to the constant you're looking for?

Quote:
Also variables entered through the Immediate tab don't show up in the Locals, Globals, or Watch lists

It's known and works this way by design.

Quote:
Auto-updater. This one is probably the biggest request, but it'd make my life soooo much easier

We'll implement it sooner or later when we get all things directly related to php development done Smile

Thanks for the response. What about the possibility of having the up arrow return the last statement made in the immediate tab?
A few suggestions