NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
5963: PHP class interface handling bug

Hello.

The PHP intelli-sense does not offer methods from PHP interfaces - i.e. if class X implements InterfaceX, the methods from class X are offered, but methods from InterfaceX are not offered.

What more, even the Ctrl+click on a method from the interface does not work - it should bring me to the function definition in the interface, but it does nothing.

Since this is a serious bug, could you please fix this ASAP?

Thank you.

Hmm i concur Mad
View user's profileFind all posts by BBralaSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

Bump

I was using 5.9 and upgraded to the latest today, partially hoping that this would be fixed. Alternatively maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have iDatabaseV1 implementing a set of functions

so if I have

Code:

interface iDatabaseV1
{
 function A
}
interface iDatabaseV2 extends iDatabaseV1
{
  function B
}

class db implements iDatabaseV1
class db2 extends db implements iDatabaseV2

I want to be able to use in another class __construct(iDatabaseV2 $DB)

But type hinting inside the class only shows function B

The only solution seems to be to redeclare all the V1 methods inside the V2 interface but this is (seems obvious to me) not desirable.

While searching exisiting posts, I did see but couldn't find again, something about using the phpdoc hints to help the autocomplete - is there something along those lines that would help here? I can't imagine what.

Anyway, this is my first time on the forum despite using and loving PhpED for a couple of years so this is in no way a big complaint, I just feel 'wrong' breaking what I see as normalisation rules and losing the benefits of extends just to make type hinting work. But type hinting is soooo useful Smile

regards, Troy

@ vitalviral
I have an open ticket for a few moths now on phpEd's support about this, but no timeframe about fixing this was given. Since there are other issues affecting more users, I'd say it would be a luck if it is fixed within a year from now. Sad
5963: PHP class interface handling bug