NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
5.9.5: Highlight HTML matching tags don't work in smarty tpl
Veteran

So if you open up a smarty template you can get auto-close HTML tags, you can use Code Navigator to select the entire matching tag, but you can't get the yellow matching tag highlight.

Strangely enough, if you add .tpl and/or .smrt to the HTML associations, and then remove them again, you will be able to activate the highlighting as long as you don't close and re-open PHPEd.

Any ideas? This might be a bug.

We also noticed that HTML files have code folding but smarty files do not (except for smarty comments). Is there a way to treat Smarty files as both HTML and smarty?

I have ran into same issue, thanks to another poster's reply in another thread, I learned you can set HTML association to include *.tpl, however, that then breaks smarty's template files from being properly highlighted, turning the smarty blocks into just black text.

I hope they fix this soon, would be wonderful.

Thanks for the idea on the code navigator to select the tags, I hadn't thought of that yet.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Veteran

skalir wrote:

Thanks for the idea on the code navigator to select the tags, I hadn't thought of that yet.

You can also add a keyboard shortcut to the Code Navigator select.

Go to Settings > IDE Shortcuts > Code Navigator > Select

I use Shift+Ctrl+E because my Ctrl+E is bound to finding matching braces, so that both matching braces and matching HTML tags use similar keystrokes.

NuSphere PhpED - 5959
=========================================
- 0003147: [Bug report] Ctrl+Click may fail to invoke Find Declaration if target name is short enough and mouse position is close to the either end
- 0003151: [Feature] Added support for matching tags highlighting in smarty tpl files
- 0003150: [Bug report] In some cases auto-close for HTML tags may fail to add the closing tag
- 0003148: [Modification Request] Code Completion dropdown should not close up on entering a quotation mark in the beginning of an html attribute
- 0003146: [Feature] Added ability to jump to the next and previous highlighted items
- 0003149: [Bug report] Code Folding for html and all html parts like JavaScript and Styles is broken

Thank you Nusphere!!! Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

rudder wrote:

I use Shift+Ctrl+E because my Ctrl+E is bound to finding matching braces, so that both matching braces and matching HTML tags use similar keystrokes.

Thats a pretty nifty idea, thanks for that.

Thanks for fixing this issue NuSphere! Wink Works like a charm now!
5.9.5: Highlight HTML matching tags don't work in smarty tpl