NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

yfaktor,

All I want is to have the code folding work in Javascript files. I have quite a few files that are 4000 lines long or more. Currently I have to have eclipse open with the jseclipse plugin so i get code folding and code explorer. It is very difficult to edit a giant file like that without having all the functions collapsed.

I was thinking that at temporary solution would be to make the folding persistant in the files so we could just set our own blocks. This might be easier than folding in .js files? perhaps?

As far as line numbers changing, I don't know how you have implemented the folding, so I don't know what kind of a problem / challenge that is.

I know you guys are working hard, and we really appreciate all of your hard work!

-r
Code Folding

The code folding looks good, as far as it goes. The appearance is nice, and I think the ability to arbitrarily fold sections is especially cool.

I hope that there are plans to add folding for control structures (if, while, foreach, etc.) very soon. That's where the real benefit of code folding comes in, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I've not seen folding activate for any of my comment blocks, using either /*...*/ or //. Is there a trick to activating folding for comments?
Re: Code Folding
Guru master

grantroot wrote:
Also, I've not seen folding activate for any of my comment blocks, using either /*...*/ or //. Is there a trick to activating folding for comments?

Use PhpDOC syntax for your comments:
/**

*/
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
5.0 Code folding!?