NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

nothsa wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say "at all". You can select the block of code yourself and then fold your selection.

You're right, I haven't noticed I can do that Wink. Still it would be nice if editor allows to fold such statements by default.
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website

I have tried to do the code folding on a language other the PHP (Perl) and the automatic folding doesn't seem to work (on functions and what not). Is that intentional? other then selecting and folding (which is available) each section is it possible to either do a marker (similar to vim) or set it up in the setting some how?

Yes... or have the folding be "sticky", so that it persists if you close the file and open it again. That way at least you could fold everything up that you want and it would still be there when you came back to the file..

-r

So, I just discovered that the folding settings are in fact saved along with changes to your file. This is fantastic! I also saw the other post where you talked about saving the changes automatically. Very nice!

Ok, I am officially stoked! 4000 line javascript files - you will haunt me no more!

-r

Ohhhh.... I am so down now. I just realized that as soon as you expand a fold, then click some where else the fold disappears..... bummer.

Well, perhaps this could be addressed?

-r
Veteran

Hi, are you talking about random regions in Java script or in php? I am sure it is the former. You see, these are random regions, so how would we know that you really want to "persist" them? But I understand your point, let us think about it. Perhaps another setting, like "Keep random folding regions". THis might be very touch, because there is nothing to link them to - line numbers chaneg all the time, obviosly. I don't think any editor does it - can you think of any? Thanks.
Guru master

Nataniel wrote:
bchertov wrote:
So does offer to fold if/else blocks and compound statements or do you need to select them manually?

Unfortunately, you cannot fold IF/ELSE and other compound statements at all Sad

I must admit it kind off surprises me an if and or else block is not recognized as foldable by default, but nevertheless it's awesome.
Like the graphic overhaul as well, fresh and crisp icons. Good work!
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
...surprises me an if and or else block is not recognized as foldable by default

Agree, quite a surprise Confused

Hopefully for the next build Idea
Guru master

Just had the chance to test it a bit more thorough and it seems that it's identical for foreach, for, while or any other compound statement. That's a bit odd...
I wonder what's the actual idea behind that.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

There are shortcuts that fold/unfold everything, classes, functions etc. but why aren't there shortcuts that would fold:

- selected block
- current function/code between brackets where the cursor is

or am I missing something? (:

bartheq wrote:
There are shortcuts that fold/unfold everything, classes, functions etc. but why aren't there shortcuts that would fold:

- selected block

Exactly!!! What is wrong? I need from folding:
- key ot open/close actual fold block () - one key! (ie. f11) - no matter if it is function, block, anything
- files should be open with folded blocks ()
that is it. No more... But these features are missing (am I wrong?) and we have couple of "not so needed" ones.

but still... thank you for colding, now just please these two points and it becomes GREAT!
Veteran

sirjarda wrote:
bartheq wrote:

- selected block

Exactly!!! What is wrong? I need from folding:
- key ot open/close actual fold block () - one key! (ie. f11) - no matter if it is function, block, anything
- files should be open with folded blocks ()
that is it. No more... But these features are missing (am I wrong?) and we have couple of "not so needed" ones.

but still... thank you for colding, now just please these two points and it becomes GREAT!

When I look at the shortcuts section, I can only create shortcuts for code foling to fold all methods, all classes, all comments everything.

I have not found a feature to collaps the CURRENT code the curser is in, or expand the code the cursor is in.
Am I missing something, because that is how I would use this feature. Collaps everything and only unfold the code I am working on, and when finished I will colaps that code again. So a shortcut to fold / unfold the scope of where the cursor is in is what I need.

And I could not find that in the settings.
5.0 Code folding!?