NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
4.6!!!! I love you guys!

I haven't installed it yet, but while reading the feature I let out howls of delight!

Especially:

Break on Condition
&
Set Execution Point!!!!

These are 2 AWESOME features that I loved from Visual Foxpro and I requested them for PhpED, (I had to explain them to Yury, the product manager(?)), and you guys implemented it!!! You guys rock!!!

For you programmers out there, if you are not familiar with them I suggest you check them out immediately. You'll wonder how you ever got by without them!

YEAH!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Barry
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

We love you too Barry Smile and just because you gave us your business!
Hope it works well for you and everybody else and if there are questions - you know where to find us. Although Dmitri mentioned that he was going to take a nap an hour ago or so - but I don't beleive him. He never sleeps.

Maybe kind of a late reply, but I would also like to thank Nusphere for their great support towards PhpED customers. Smile
Our company bought the product almost 2 weeks ago, and we love it! The response on mails and in the forum is extremely fast and new features get implemented on regular basis. Lots of other companies can learn from this.
Special thanks go out to Yuri, for helping us getting things rolling. Smile

(Remember Euphoria? Wink )
View user's profileFind all posts by MeAngrySend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

yfaktor wrote:
We love you too Barry Smile and just because you gave us your business!
Hope it works well for you and everybody else and if there are questions - you know where to find us. Although Dmitri mentioned that he was going to take a nap an hour ago or so - but I don't beleive him. He never sleeps.
BTW, Was it my suggestion to add global breapoints and set next line to be executed that caused them to be implemented?
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
BTW, Was it my suggestion to add global breapoints and set next line to be executed that caused them to be implemented?

It looks like you're ready for the next series of suggestions Smile
Don't hesitate, go ahead! Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHPEd 4.6 is the Right Thing for PHP development!

[You guys don't get the praise you deserve. Heres a short rant attempting to better the ballance. Very Happy ]

You're probably tired of hearing it, but my productivity has at least trebled (I've been timing it Wink ) since I bought PHPEd, and increased even further after the 4.6 update.

PHPEd has a lot of great features, but the main feature - that you don't get anywhere else - is that the whole thing is custom-tailored to the PHP development cycle, with (just to mention a few) parsing of comments making up for the lack of strongly typed variable declarations, smooth upload/download features that make remote debugging not only user-friendly, but also efficient, and finally the well-oiled (even in my typical 30000-line projects) code insight feature, which makes you get the parameters right on the first attempt instead of wasting valuable development time pursuing weird behaviour caused by simple typos.

Finally, the no-nonsense and prompt customer support and transparent, user-driven product developemnt, in addition to a price tag affordable also for small businesses, tops off a truly great overall user experience.

Thank you NuSphere; you make my work so much more enjoyable!

Hi Jørgen,

I'm highly excited to hear your kind words. Thanks for this!
Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you on top of we've already done Smile

Regards,
Dmitri.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Just bought the upgrade...

I bought PhpEd 2 YEARS ago... and havn't upgraded (except for the free patches) until today.

Now I look and all my recent files, projects and workspaces are gone Sad my funky color scheme is gone (I use a black background it makes things stand out better)

But that is the last of my sadness...

A SSH terminal? Who would need that? I do! (LOL the quick CHMOD/CHOWN for smarty...)
Debugging seems faster!
The two features above AWESOME!
A REAL code explorer
Find Declaration? Yeah been since 4.0.1 but I was running 3.3!

And now I'm looking and going what is this? Launch Box? Function Reference? I've got to get my act together and learn a bit more about the new features...

Another bad point... I'm going to have to uninstall some software that this has obsoleted!

I thought when I went from Visual Interdev/Notepad/Crimson Editor to PhpEd I was in heaven... now what... I've got Heaven++

Add to that Nusphere support is TOP NOTCH and I feel they really CARE what we think! Granted this is a pricey piece of software for some... but if you're serious about PHP they are serious about helping you GIT ER DONE!

THANKS Dmitri and ALL at NuSphere!

Leigh
Re: Just bought the upgrade...

leighjam wrote:
but if you're serious about PHP they are serious about helping you GIT ER DONE!

I just wonder how many cable guys are out there, eh? Laughing "GIT ER DONE!" *tears from laughing*
Cheers, Tobias Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by condev1972Send private messageVisit poster's website
4.6!!!! I love you guys!