NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
4.5.1 -> 4.6 upgrade

I just upgraded from 4.5.1 to 4.6, and really like the new features. I am a bit frustrated that it wiped out all the settings, php.ini and that I have to go and set this all back up again. Can I suggest that the installer not wipe out all of these settings? For instance, the web server must run on a different port beause 8080 is already used, and runs from a different directory. I use a bunch of additional dll add-ins, and had to figure out which ones they were again because the php.ini was wiped out.

Thanks for a great product though!
Site Admin

you probably mean that layout was dropped to default. Yes, indeed, we had to do it because new layout elements were added, in particular Launchbox window. If we didn't do it, you would not see Launchbox at all.

Regarding php.ini, I think we'd better rename old one to php.saved.ini when installing new php.ini.
It will be done for the next version. Default port for SRV will be preserved from previous installation too.

Any further notices? Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
4.5.1 -> 4.6 upgrade