NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Site Admin

It's unrelated to fixes for this problem, just wanted to let you know that our previous code signing certificate expired in May. So I updated it recently and this is the first binary signed with new certificate. Now we have an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 Smart Screen. It already showed its nag for some customers when they tried to install latest update. Not sure what I can do to fix it. According to Microsoft, I can't do anything, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17443/microsoft-edge-smartscreen-faq

I see MS say there is an option during install when the warning dialog pops up, to report the site / certificate as safe.
Clearly it is. so we as users can keep selecting this option in the hopes that MS will eventually overcome their feature...

Kind regards,

jB Cool
Site Admin

did anyone see Microsoft reporting that a software downloaded from Microsoft is unsafe?
If nobody, then it's clearly yet another abuse of their platform in order to block competitors